Sunday, October 19, 2008

26 miles

So I manage to stumble upon the last 4k of the Amsterdam marathon
today. Wow. It was the magic minutes when the guys from Kenya or some
below the equator country came flying by as if it where the first 5
miles with the clock reading 1:57 in time past for what probably would
be sub 2 hours. I looked back at my rapid fire shots with my 5D and
only one of 5 shots had ONE foot on the ground by the leader!!! These
dudes were flying.


The magic moments were about 2 hours later (yup that is 2 hours) when
those who yhe race is a little more effort pass. There was this
little 3 year old Dutch girl propped up along the railing with her
moms help. She wanted to be part of the experience, so she stuck out
her hand to connect with any racer who had the energy to meet hers. I
watch racers get lighter, faces crack a smile, pick up there pace just
to reach this little girl. It was a connection for people all over the
world who came to race this event. I actually got teary eyed. Magical
day and it left me skipping the rest of my afternoon. There is hope
for our human race.

Sent from my wireless iPhone.

No comments: